TAPT is a software application that can make visualizing complex materials information quick and simple. Tabular data attributes were not designed for storing relative data but often are used for summary data, incomplete data sets, and other data that doesn’t fit well into functional data attributes. With TAPT, the data can be plotted in a convenient and understandable manner in a few quick clicks through a web interface. TAPT works on both local and linked data including linked column data.
Different graph types include:
- Scatter: Graphs numerical values on the Y-Axis and on the X-Axis. Graphs multiple records and multiple columns at once.
- Useful for plotting numeric data (test results, summary data, data with multiple dependent variables, ).
- Line: Plots a line graph with numerical values on the Y-Axis and discrete values on the X-Axis. Graphs multiple columns at once.
- Useful for viewing data based on non-numeric criteria.
- Bar: Similar to Line, but displays a bar chart with numerical values on the Y-Axis and discrete values on the X-Axis. Graphs multiple columns at once.
- Useful for colorful comparisons of numerous columns of data.
The variety of graph types ensures that your plotting needs will be fulfilled as both numerical and discrete data can be plotted easily.
These plotting functions allow for quickly developing a picture of what the tabular data captures and makes drawing conclusions from this data cleaner and more reliable.
Even further, the app allows for data from multiple columns in tabular attributes, and even multiple records, to be plotted at the same time on the same graph. As a result, comparing different materials is a cinch and conclusions can be made even more confidently and easily across a variety of materials.
Another key feature of TAPT is the ability to save any plot as an image file for later use as a justification for decisions made or as a reference for subsequent reflection.